The The Settlers Arms was situated three miles from the township of Paterson.
Thomas Jones was granted a publican's licence in June 1833. In 1837 he was advertising bloodhorse stallions to stand at his Inn. It may have been this same Thomas Jones to whom three convicts from the John
were assigned...... John March, Thomas Meads and Charles Tye were all assigned to Thomas Jones at Paterson in August 1832.
In 1840 the Settlers Arms was held up by bushrangers the Jewboy gang
Auctioneer Henry Ferris was granted a licence for the Settlers Arms in June 1841. He advertised the unexpired 3 year lease on the Settlers Arms in 1842........
The Settlers' Arms was described as being in full trade and included a farm. The Inn was situated at the first ford above the navigation of the Paterson, and on the high road to Dungog, Port Stephens, Port Macquarie and all the northern settlements, and on the only road cattle could be safely driven without crossing punts.
The house contained ten rooms besides the tap room; a six stall stable, with loft. The furniture, farming implements and working bullocks could be taken at a fair valuation. The farm contained twelve hundred and sixty acres however part of it was let to tenants; there were attached to the premises 1000 acres, two separate paddocks large enough for a hundred mares and the out run sufficient for a milking herd, a flock of wethers and working bullocks of the establishment. The cultivation was one hundred and five acres. There was a five acres kitchen garden and orchard. A good substantial barn, granary, sale yard and other outhouses completed the property.
The owner of the property (the wife of George Frankland
) resided in England and Henry Ferris, the proprietor was giving up the hotel due to the ill health of his wife and a young family. 
In April 1842 John Ireland held the licence.
James Broderick, formerly of the Thistle Inn
, Paterson held the publican's licence for the Settlers Arms from 1844 - 1848
 Hunter River Gazette 30 April 1842
 Ancestry.com. New South Wales, Australia, Certificates for Publicans' Licences, 1830-1849, 1853-1860
 Hunter River Gazette 29 January 1842
 The Newcastle Sun 10 July 1839