John Perrel Wilkie
John Perrel Wilkie
took over the licence for the St. Aubin's Arms
from George Chivers
and re-named it the White Swan Inn
. He was granted a publican's licence in June 1841.
John Wilkie had previously held the licence for the Bush House at Halls Creek (1840) and operated a store in Murrurundi.
John Wilkie's wife Grace Marshall Wilkie died on Friday 29th September 1843, 10 days after giving birth to a son and was buried in St. Luke's church yard Scone. The Inn was then advertised for lease, however Wilkie held the licence until 1844 when he became a victim of the financial crisis gripping the country. There was a comfortable bar and taproom, four parlours and eight bedrooms, an excellent and well finished kitchen, good storerooms, servants' rooms; stabling for 14 horses, fowl and duck houses and yards, sheds, six roomy stockyards, a most excellent well of water and paddock of 80 acres.
The White Swan was described as a first rate country Inn. The house and offices were considered spacious and it was thought that the business of Wine and Spirit Merchant could be combined with that of hotel keeper. 
Mrs. Mildred Ellis was granted a publican's licence in January 1845
In June 1845 James Cox was granted a publican's licence.  James Cox had previously held a publican's licence for the Union Inn at Petwyn Valley, Scone (granted in October 1844.)
In May 1846 an auction of the household furniture and other effects was held. The articles included iron and wooden bedsteads, dining and other tables, cane bottom chairs, china, cut glass, plate, crockery, cooking utensils, bar fittings and everything requisite for a first rate Inn. Six Years' Interest of an unexpired lease of a garden and cultivation paddock of abut 17 acres was also for auction.
 Maitland Mercury 8 April 1843
 Maitland Mercury 9 March 1844
 State Archives NSW; Series: 14401; Item: [4/76-77]; Reel: 5059.. Ancestry.com. New South Wales, Australia, Certificates for Publicans' Licenses, 1830-1849, 1853-1860
 Maitland Mercury 30 May 1846